CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008







So I'm not quite sure why they posted like this OR why they're out of order BUT here's the bag I FINALLY finished tonight!! YAY!! I can use it this weekend!! To the bottom left is the outside .... the other side is "plain" and has nothing on it really. The top left to right is the inside showing the zippered pocket and non-zippered pocket and then how it looks from the top closed .... and then a side view of the bottom and side of the bag. It should be rather durable. And while I learned a LOT from this bag and don't really LOVE how it turned out, I WILL be making another some time next year that looks better to me and isn't so .... rushed .... as the last few days before we left for WI about 2 weeks ago I had some sewing machine issues and had to sew the handles and outer edge by hand .... and after sewing that for pretty much 24 hours total {I lost LOTS of sleep, the last two nights I worked on it before tonight I got 6 hours total of sleep - NOT good!} and it was STILL not done PLUS I found a rip that I fixed tonight as well. BUT I was able to figure out the sewing issue with the machine and I re-inforced the outer edge and handles and hadnstitched the rip inside. I DID take a LOT of lessons out of this though, and I am "walking away" with having learned better handstitching to say the least!

But anyways, I just wanted to share that, I'm SO proud of myself! : ) Hope you enjoy! And, as always, if this bag interests you and you either want one made or would like a tutorial just comment on here with your email {I have to approve ALL comments before they're going to show up online so no privacy worries!} and we'll talk : )

0 comments: